The recent The Sales Lion eletter provides some useful reminders in the message titled: 5 Critical Marketing Strategies Your Business is Forgetting to Implement.
1. Your marketing and sales teams aren’t working together.
2. You’re not measuring your return on investment (ROI).
I’ll quote more extensively from the third point, because I think it is one that many people fail to truly appreciate.
3. You’re not attracting the right people to your website.
A lot of businesses like to stand on top of a mountain, shouting their message through a megaphone and hoping someone down below not only hears it, but connects with it.
But what these companies fail to realize is that they could be much more effective if they turned their bullhorn off, and took the time to listen to the people they’re trying to reach.
Great marketing is about considering all of the questions prospects are asking and understanding the pain points they may have. Knowing who your prospects are will help you create more targeted content that is relevant to the people you really want to do business with.
You want to make sure that you’re always having the right conversation, with the right people, at the right time.
4. There’s a disconnect between your company and the hired agency in charge of your marketing efforts.
5. You’re using marketing tools, but your team isn’t properly educated on them.
If you would like to discuss or explore any of the ideas here more closely, please post a comment or email Mark Buckshon at email@example.com.