Are there good grounds for paid advertising for architectural, engineering and construction businesses?
The answer, of course, is “yes” if you think your advertising through properly.
In the years of publishing this blog, I’ve never focused on advertising, despite the fact that our business earns 95 per cent of its revenue from advertising sales. In part, this is because just blowing our own horn doesn’t really do much good.
So it is refreshing to read a third-party explanation of the “why” of effective advertising, from a Phoenix, AZ marketing consultant, who only identified himself by his first name, Paul.
To get results from advertising today you must
- Be laser focused on a specific ideal client
- Create awareness for valuable content with a call to action
- Measure leads and conversion fanatically
But, that?s a topic for another post, today I want to first get the leverage to help you understand why you must add advertising to mix and then we can start to talk about how.
When done effectively advertising is an essential part of mix because:
- Advertising is the only medium you can control ? if you want your message to hit on the day a product launches or event is about to happen, this is the only vehicle you control completely.
- Advertising allows you to target ideal customers only ? when you match a very personal message to a very select audience you get far greater connection.
- Advertising creates awareness for your content ? The force that drives a great deal of conversion and trust building these days is educational content ? ebooks, seminars and blog posts ? advertising is a great way to help get that content found and consumed once you?ve gone to the effort to produce it.
- Advertising adds credibility to your message ? Don?t ask me why this is exactly, but every time I run advertising people comment that business must be going well. The perception that you can afford advertising is often enough to sell and resell prospects and customers alike and makes it easier to get attention for your entire message.
- Advertising amplifies everything else you?re doing ? When you are using advertising to create awareness for your content you automatically create more awareness for everything you are doing. Journalists find companies that advertise, referral sources remember companies that advertise, people fan and follow and friend from ads, and employees can point to well-placed ads as a source of pride in place they work.