The Foundation of the Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) has announced its 2016-17 board of trustees. The new board took office on Sept. 1.
- President: Carolyn Ferguson, FSMPS, CPSM, Owner | President, WinMore Marketing Advisors, Denton, TX
- President-Elect: Melissa Lutz, FSMPS, CPSM, Principal/Marketing Director, Champlin Architecture, Cincinnati, OH
- Treasurer: Holly R. Bolton, FSMPS, CPSM, Director of Marketing, CE Solutions, Inc., Carmel, IN
- Secretary: Amy J. Collins, CPSM, Deputy Manager, Corporate Communications and Marketing, Gannett Fleming, Harrisburg, PA
- David Barista, Editorial Director, Building Design+Construction, Arlington Heights, IL
- Melvin Gravely, President and Chief Executive Officer, TriVersity Construction Company, Cincinnati, OH
- Marion Thatch, FSMPS, President, Distinction in Marketing, Walnut Creek, CA
- Hope Wilson, PMP, CPSM, Consultant, Phoenix, AZ
- Chris Rickman, FSMPS, CPSM, Principal/Business Manager, ZFI Engineering Co, Oklahoma City, OK, who will serve as the SMPS board liaison to the SMPS Foundation
- Michael V. Geary, CAE, Chief Executive Officer for SMPS and the SMPS Foundation, Alexandria, VA (Ex Officio, non-voting member)
The SMPS Foundation is “a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization established by the SMPS to advance the body of knowledge on professional services marketing, the SMPS Foundation identifies, researches, and educates the design and construction industry on emerging trends and issues in marketing and business development,” the SMPS news release says.
The foundation “actively promotes recognition of professional services marketing as an essential element of the modern A/E/C business model. It seeks to identify and evaluate evolving marketing practices and provide marketers with the information and tools needed to achieve effective results in the changing business environment.”