Michael Stone reminds us of some simple, inexpensive and fundamental relationship-maintaining rules in his recent weekly eletter.
- Return every phone call you get the same day or by 9 am the next day.
- Show up for every appointment and on time.
- Do exactly what you tell your customers you are going to do.
- Send hand written thank you cards to those who’ve purchased from you or have helped you.
- Keep in contact with all your old customers at least once each quarter.
- Work on and build your referral network at every opportunity.
- Hand out one business card each day to someone new.
- Dress, speak and conduct yourself in a professional manner, always, in every setting. That includes online.
“Make every possession count,” he writes. “When asked why he thought that the Chicago Bulls basketball team was setting a record for total wins in one year, Michael Jordan said, ‘We make every possession count.'”
You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to play by (and win by) these rules. Follow them.
Did you enjoy this article?
Share the love
Get free updatesSign up for our free newsletter!